Monday, May 11, 2009

Baby making season

Just thought I'd share this little moment from yesterday's car ride home after church. I asked Mackenzie if they sang to her in primary since her birthday is this week. She said they did sing to her and some of the adults had commented that it must be a busy week at our house since they had already sung to Caylee in Jr. primary which meant two birthdays in our family this week. Mackenzie then told me she explained that her and Caylee's birthdays are three days apart in May and then Brevin's and Brock's are three days apart in September. She seemed pretty pleased with herself for sharing all that with the Sr. primary so then I told her she needed to conclude (the next time that subject ever came up) that "my mom is just super organized like that." She kinda nodded and grinned at that statement. Then I said, "or you could just tell everyone that your mom only makes babies two times a year." Mackenzie hardly ever blushes, but apparantly Mom randomly bringing up reproduction on the car ride home from church does the trick. The we got a pretty good case of the giggles. Can't wait for next year when we can talk about the "maturation" course she gets!

4 comments:

chanel said...

you're a funny mom!

Donna said...

That is just too funny.

Jamie G. said...

Funny. Oh man...that "maturation" course is tons of fun...ha ha...I don't ever want to do that again, but alas, I have 3 more that need it!

Kathy said...

so how did you get Briggs?