Monday, March 5, 2007

RED

Upon my normal blog checks this afternoon I found Chris' personality assessment, and decided to see if my "color" had changed since I took the hand-written version in college. You can do it too, here:
http://www.thecolorcode.com/profile/index.html

It wasn't too hard, too long, or even too personal. In fact, I thought some of the questions didn't have the right answer, so I was forced to pick something that didn't really fit, or seemed to broad. It doesn't matter, though, I am still a RED. This is what a red is:

Congratulations. You are RED. REDS are motivated by POWER. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, REDS want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. REDS value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What REDS value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.
REDS like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. REDS are confident, proactive, and visionary; but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When others interact with you, as a RED you respond to them best if they are precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!

Now, I feel I should self-analyze (Dad, you're right. Blogs are totally self-indulgent.) I really admire the other colors, not my own. In fact, I wish I weren't a RED. I know, I know, "It is what it is" and I am not saying I don't seek productivity, but it sounds so shallow to think I "NEED" to look good to others. In all honesty, though, I don't want to disappoint or upset other people's expectiations, and like to stretch my limits. I do like to be in the driver's seat (literally and figuratively) as most you know and can will attest, but I don't know that I would do "WHATEVER" to get me ahead in life . . . unless you consider that having a family is the upmost important thing in my value system and that's what I've committed to, then I guess that is true of me too. I don't know that I would say I was a workaholic, but I like to be busy ("productive") and I DO resist things that don't interest me, like unloading and reloading the dishwasher a million times a week, ICK. The second paragraph of explanation makes me sound like I am on the prowl for someone to attack and I make people scared. I hope not. I know I have a tendency to be too bossy, opinionated, and confrontive, but I have also learned not to be attached to too many of my opinions since I value that others won't always agree with me. I am, contrary to what the survey says about me, okay to have people disagree with me . . . it makes me think more, helps me evolve, and adds more depth to my red-ness. There are so many people I admire becuase they are different than me and SO much better at handling life and what it throws at us. I am trying to evolve my RED personality into different shades. Like a purple, still red with a little bit of the loyal, dedicated BLUE. Or maybe pink: red with some WHITE that would help me not be so prone to confrontation, but seek peace and harmony instead. Even if I were orange. I would be able to let loose if I had a little more YELLOW mixed with my red. I am curious about each of you, so try it out, and let me know your color.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah, I'm a blue. It didn't sound so bad until it said blue is the most controlling personality & often moody. I don't know how that could be...nobody has ever called me moody before!:-)

Beth said...

Hey, I'm a blue. Here's what it says about Blues.

BLUES are motivated by INTIMACY. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.


BLUES have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). BLUES are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone, once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Do you agree? I like the positive, not the critical.

The RealFatman said...

I opted to not take the test and claim Rainbow here.
Who would of thunk!!

Jenn S. said...

I'm blue too and Marc is red with a good dose of white. I used to think I was a complex and multi-faceted person and then the first time I read what a blue was - I was like, that is me to a T!

What is Tyler?

Nan said...

I'm blue too:)