1. I am still capable of sleeping for 10.5 hours. This happened last night and I am not sharing it to rub it in to any of my sleeping-less friends, but I was trying to hide from Brock (who found me and played in my bed as a divertion to his own bedtime until Tyler rescued me and put Brock in his own bed) and I ended up falling asleep at 8:30pm. I awoke to brush my teeth and potty at 11:30pm and again at 4:00am to potty again (LOVE that pregnancy thing) and finally got out of bed at 7am this morning. Nice. I know.
I am not a dessert maker. Well, a successful dessert maker, anyhow. I've dedicated myself to only store-bought treats from now on. It just makes me appreciate others' talents all the more.
3. I am a cleaning maniac. For nothing. I spent ALL afternoon Saturday REALLY cleaning my house so it'd be clean when Tyler came home . . . . aaaaannnnnddddd it's pretty messy again. My ultimate goal was to get our bedroom clean, but I have learned it will never be cleaned because EVERYWHERE else is a priority. Sigh.
4. I should not go to dance festival meetings when I have a headache. I get onry and opinionated and it has a negative effect on everybody.
OJ Simpson is quite the piece of work! I mean, really??? After watching the Oprah show about his book "IF I did it" and then him being arrested in our fine home town for burglery, I am pretty sure he is MESSED UP!!! I do want to know if my cousin, Tyler, has squeezed any Juice at work lately?
Even when Tyler is fishing on his Oregon trip with 8 of his best buddies, he still thinks of me and has flowers delivered in his absence. The card told me how much he loved me and was glad I was the mother of his kids, including the new addition. Everyone together now, "ahhhhh!" He's a keeper, trouser trout and all :)
Perez Hilton, Big Brother, reality TV (in general) all make me happy for no obvious reason. Erin and I stayed up til 1am one night this past week reading old Perez posts and the latest episode of Big Brother. Not only do we watch the show, but then we rewind parts to really "study" it. I think i should be embarrassed by how excited I am for the other trash shows I get hooked in to. Uh, yeah, like The Bachelor (trash above all other trash) starts in a couple weeks. Candace listed a few shows she was loyal to, including "Dancing with the Stars" (only this season because of Marie Osmond, right?!), and I thought, "I couldn't even remember all the shows my DVR is set for." And I do get attached in ways I don't realize. Like when I read that Wade Robson AND Mia Michaels from 'So You think You can Dance' both got emmys, I was happy for them. Really, truly happy. Or when Dr. Rey from 'Dr. 90210' reconciles with his father, uh, hello, totally touched! But I don't know ANY of them, so GET A LIFE SARAH!
8. When somebody has really good taste in clothes (like my friend Debi), it's worth wearing her hand-me-down shoes, even if they're a size larger than I normally wear. Cuz then she brings over the matching dresses and hand-me-downs them too. Love it.
9. It's hard to be the mom sometimes. Well, all the time. Spending time playing the referee is a lot of pressure when the penalty and/or rewards doled out shapes these little peoples' characters. It's also hard when your sister is taking pictures of you being the mom :) (Love ya, Sis!)
Sometimes my brother likes to pull an attitude and be all pissy. At first it catches me off guard, but then the whole family likes to give him a hard time. Cuz he's full of it. He's not really a grumpy old man, he's a smushy pushover who'll do whatever his women need him to do. Don't get me wrong, he plays stubborn pretty well, but he has to work at being cranky - it's not his natural disposition. Love you, too, Boogie Boy!