Monday, December 17, 2007

Tis the Season

I think it's SUCH a great time of year. I am really enjoying the "tinsel" of Christmas, ya know, all the extras. I am procrastinating (as always) some of the necessities (ie Santa's shopping) in favor for some more "fun" projects. I know, in the long run, I'll be all stress-y and a little freaked out that I can't find exactly what I'm looking for, or the perfect gift for that special someone in my life. BUT, whatever, let me enjoy the tinsel. I keep telling myself to pace myself and everything will get done at some point.


SOOO, yesterday, I had an amazing opportunity, that hustle and bustle or not, I was not going to miss (Sorry Joe Wyson, again, for missing our ward's Christmas program, although, not that sorry.) A few weeks ago my wonderful mother-in-law told me the bishop of their ward had asked them to postpone their Christmas program to the 23rd instead of the 16th. That's kinda annoying because there's always more people out of town that close to Christmas, so when she was telling me I suggested we sing this wonderful arrangement of "Oh Holy Night" that we sang a few years ago. I figured that's be a pretty good second best opportunity if she couldn't do her Christmas program that week. Long story short we were priviledged to sing in their ward yesterday for Elder Russell Nelson, an apostle of God. Now in our church, there are 12 who serve our modern prophet, the members of our church, and the welfare of the world. Elder Nelson is one of those 12, so what are the odds that he'd be at the sacrament service we decided to sing in? Pretty slim, right. Anyway, it was totally awesome just to be there and feed on the Spirit of the meeting. As if Christmas doesn't have enough spirit floating around, this was just such a bonus. And I loved what he (and his wife and President and Sister Stucki [of the temple presidency]) had to say; it was simple and sweet and I just loved it.


Of course, we were going to practice our song before sacrament meeting, so I set me target time for 8:00am to be at the church; we all got there at 8:30. Still early, but I missed the practice. We did manage, however to take a few Christmas card pictures for our cards (still yet to be done) and thought I'd share some of the out-takes with you. Really, Leah, I get it. Is it worth it?
















Ho Ho Ho! Will post soon!

6 comments:

chris jenkins said...

jen and dave told me last night at family dinner - how awesome was that to sing for an apostle?

hey at least you took your pictures for your christmas cards - i haven't even got that far yet :P

Beth said...

What was in the egg nog Tyler drank??? I'm with Chris...pictures??? for cards/letters??? I'm still hopeful, but I'm not stressing. It happens or it doesn't. Either way, I'm good with it. 60% wants to/40% doesn't care.

Erin said...

I'll be right along side you hooting and fluffing, as the days are flying by entirely too fast. Tis the season for procrastination & filling the plate way too full so as to see just HOW much of a stressy wife the husbands can handle. Tell Tyler to get ready...we're within a week of hootin'.

Julina said...

Those faces were hilarious! And I bet your christmas program was awesome! ours was, but it still made me miss home just a bit.

Jenn S. said...

Hillarious, I need to do that too. (Though I noticed there are no outtakes of you?)

Very cool about Elder Nelson - very cool.

Kourtney said...

I love the outtakes!!! Too funny!!!