Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sermon on the Mount


Tonight as we were reading scriptures, Brock was thumbing through an old Relief Society manual. When we get our family Book of Mormon out to read, he pulls out any other churchy book he can so that he feels like one of the big kids, I guess. So, as Tyler is reading, Brock is having his own dialogue where he is "reading" what's in his book. Of course, he's 3, so he's looking for the pictures and I've pretty much got him tuned out, trying to nurse Briggs and listen to Tyler. Then I heard Brock say, " . . . and dere's Jesus sitting on his bum on da rock." I looked quickly before he flipped the page and it was a painting of The Sermon on the Mount. I'm sure one day that story will have more profound meaning to him as he learns the beattitudes Jesus taught, but for now I was loving that he recognized Jesus and that he was "sitting on his bum."


I love that kid!

1 comment:

Beth said...

That is SUPER sweet and I'm so glad you wrote that down.