Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat?

Probably depends on who you ask?
Today I met Erin, Kevin, Angela, and Jennie at Cafe Rio for a lunch (sans kids, thank you Nevada Day!) and before I ever got there got a text from Jennie that Senator Harry Reid was lunching at the Rio with his family. Sure nuf. So, I busted out my handy camera, pulled my Democrat sista into the photo and had Jennie take our phot-o. The guys at the table next to us were, pretty much, aghast. They were ready to start shouting "McCain! McCain!" Angela explained that Erin and I are Obama fans, but she and Jennie are pro-not-Obama, but regardless we are all friends. They were shocked by that too. Funny people. Can't we all get along? So, yeah, it was a treat for me. Big one. Cuz, ya know, Harry's been on TV, like, a lot. And yes, I count C-SPAN. And I know some of you are haters (Tyler already told me he was wicked), but he was very gracious and kind and his family seems very nice and normal. Well, normal except they were dressed pretty nicely for a Friday afternoon (granted it IS Nevada Day and I was comparing them to myself who wore her camp shirt [inside out], my grubbie capris, and had yet to shower for the day.) But still, treat!
Now if only I could recover from tonight's festivities (which I will blog about later) to get my fanny to the Obama rally in the morning. I cannot wait for Tuesday.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

chris jenkins said...

you're a brave one taking a pic with the senator in your camp shirt no less!

and i love you anyway even though you support obama.

Donna said...

How cool is that? Cafe Rio is the place to be!

I volunteered for Reid's campaign in high school and thought then that he was a really nice guy.

I'm sure it would be frowned upon if Senator Reid wore an inside out camp shirt and capris to lunch, so I wouldn't be too concerned about your attire!

Dylan Todd said...

I love Harry Reid. I'm more than a little disappointed that LDS people, especially LDS Nevadans, aren't more proud of the kid from Searchlight who now holds one of the most powerful offices in the country.

If you know anybody on Social Security, they can thank Senator Reid and Senate Democrats (and a few Republicans) for it still being there instead of getting flushed down a drain somewhere on Wall Street over the last month.

Or if you don't have to live in fear of nuclear waste being trucked through your city, thank Harry Reid.

His new memoir, The Good Fight, is an excellent read. He's a really great guy and has done wonderful things for his city, state and country. He's an honest, humble guy who calls it like he sees it and can get things done. What's not to like?

I mean, how "wicked" can a guy be and still hold a temple recommend, really?

chanel said...

you are officially my hero.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sen. Reid- (thank you Dylan for explaining why.)

ANd it is funny when people are so surprised you can have friends that don't politically agree- it shouldn't be that big of deal, as long as you're respectful, it is easy.

craftyashley said...

Oooh cavorting with the majority leader! Wow!

Kathy said...

I LOVE this picture. I think that's so cool that you ran into him and you were brave enough to talk to him. I, too , appreciate Dylan's reminder of the great things he has done. And I want a report on that rally. I'm jealous about that one. I'd love to go to one of those. I have one friend who thinks it's a good idea to send me anti-Obama stuff. I guess I'll have to break the news to her tomorrow at church that she can take me off her list. I've already voted for Obama.

Babs said...

Coolio. I wouldn't have had the guts to ask for a pic. You never know who you might meet at the Rio...