Thursday, June 21, 2007

Technicallogically NOT inclined

So, this morning, I am trying to work up the courage to set up my printer and my scanner. Ever since I scanned the pics of Jerolyn my scanner has been jammed and I can't print, SO I used it as an excuse to finally invest in a wide capacity printer that I have wanted for my scrapbooking needs. It's a HP photosmart something or other, and I have had it for a week now and it still sits in it's box. Why, you ask? Well, other than the fact I can't find some kid-free time to figure it out, it stresses me out! Tyler's no better at this kind of thing, so in the box the brand new, cool printer sits with no hope of escaping the confines of the cardboard. BUT, today is the day. I really need to print some stuff, so I am going to brave the tangle of cords and wires. Yay me.

Along the same lines, I need to install some software from Tyler's computer and that, too, stresses me out. AND I need to call Cox because any time my home phone rings, our internet service is interrupted. So, if you call and I am trying to blog, I get cut off and can't do what I am trying to do until I hang up and the service reconnects. Kinda defeats the purpose of high-speed internet, right? So I am committing to finally call today. We have Cox phone, too, so I am sure that's the issue, but it wasn't always like that. I thought it was cuz I put another phone cord in the double jack that the computer runs through, but I finally unplugged that and I still get cut off. It's been like this for a couple months and it has taken me no less than four weeks to finally unplug the other phone to try and narrow down the problem. How simple is it? and yet I don't do it? Such is life, right.

But it is one of those icky things for me, like buying cars or servicing the car or buying furniture with Tyler. I am also hitting up Sam's Club this morning and the post office to mail off a deposit for France. I still need a hotel one night, and am thinking I should probably get on that, but again it's so simple and yet I haven't done it. But I did post, so that's something, right? Alrighty, off to grab the technology bull by the horns. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

The RealFatman said...

OK seriously it is very simple if you need help installing it call me and I will walk you through it. There are directions and they are pretty easy to follow. I still think you should stay in a hostile at least one night it would be sooo cool.

Beth said...

Did it work out? Are you connected? It's a real sense of accomplishment when I figure stuff like this out, so good luck. I'm sure you can do it.