Friday, June 8, 2007

Two all beef patties . . .

(Stop laughing Erin and Jerolyn!) I just got back from McDonald's lunch with my brothers and sisters. A shout out to Mike who was there in spirit since he has this hoity toity bank job on the other side of town, he can't slum it with us at McD's when we go to hang out and gossip and let our kids run wild. I just have to say how grateful I am for their friendships. They make me laugh and we can talk about anything. I really feel like one of the greatest lessons I learned in my life from my dad was to be good friends with your siblings. I think that has been important in his life, and I know it's a saving grace in my own. I think they are amazing people (and I am totally including my sister-in-law in that "they.") Anyway, it was a great lunch, and SO not because of the Big Mac. And, of course, my dear sweet Brock snuck out of the play area, out the door and was climbing off the curb into the street before a stranger asked me if that was my kid? Uh, yeah, mom of the year award. Unlike the time when the old man chastised me for not keeping my kids in tow, I did profusely thank her. To which she looked at me and, I could see it in her eyes, thought, "WHO GAVE YOU FOUR KIDS?" But instead she said "Sure, you're welcome," all leery like. And then another guy took a moment to tell me "You know a kid got hit out here once? My wife just told me." Oh, okay, thanks, now I feel like a worse parent since I didn't fully appreciate the danger of my 20 month old cruising the packed parking lot. We may have to do our lunches at a more restrictive place that rings bells and whistles when one of the kids scurries past whilst we're in deep conversation about SUPER important things. Oh, probably not available, so I will have to be a better mom. Here's a picture of us all (with Mom and Dad) at Nate and Stacy's wedding last year:


On a totally different note, Tyler cracks me up! He stopped home to pick up some propane before heading to Mammoth Creek to go fishing. Not thirty minutes later he is home instead of on I-15 because he has "rumbley tummy." If he is not a candidate for what Oprah's Dr. Oz calls Safe Toliet Syndrome I don't know who is. Heaven forbid he pull over to the nearest gas station to take care of business, oh no! He'd rather come all the way back home to do it in peace and comfort. Weird. And he knows it is, cuz, he looks sheepishly at me when I looked confused when he just walked back in. Funny. At this rate he won't be going fishing.


I haven't written about my running adventures lately and that is probably because I am having this internal debate about whether or not I am going to commit to this running thing or if I need to amend my goal of becoming a runner to being a walker. I am much better at walking, it's less stressful, and my body doesn't feel wracked with aches and pains. Sigh. But then I feel a little like a failure for not completing my goal. SO, I am at the point where I am thinking, I will meet my 10K goal and then become a walker.


Other random thoughts? Oh, here's one. About blogs. This guy I went to high school with asked permission to link to people's blogs who read and comment on his blog. So, I wrote back that I'd be honored to link him, too, and he could link me (basically was my point), but I don't know if I conveyed that well enough or if he is like, "Uh, no thanks," cuz he hasn't linked me. So, I am not cool enough for him, apparently. Which is a shame because he is super funny and really creative. In other blog news . . . my brother had a post a while ago about how he checks blogs when he gets home at 2am and then again when he was up the next morning at 6am "just in case" someone has blogged. I could totally relate to that, but I have also found myself checking peoples blogs even when I know they aren't able to blog. Like my friend Jana's on a cruise and not gonna blog, yet everyday I double check. Or my mom, I'll check in the mid morning and then later in the afternoon "just in case," even though I know she doesn't blog at work and she's there all day.


I talked to my girlfriend from college this afternoon, Amber. She's an amazing person and it's always good to catch up with her. She's one of those haven't-talked-in-a-while-but-can-pick-up-where-we-left-last and I just love her! She cracks me up, especially when we can reference how since mentally we are still 22 year old, we're not really aging at all! It's great. I don't know how she really feels about me, but she's a breath of fresh air.


And speaking of girlfriends, a holla to my girls at Family History Club. We ACTUALLY accomplished stuff Wednesday night by helping Chris with girls camp service project. I just really look forward to getting together with them and thank Barb for her pound cake (YUM) and all the ladies for their early birthday wishes. Really Really Really good friends. And their mine. Neener Neener. Just kidding, I am happy to share since I know how many people they also bless. Especially their amazing families. Anyway, they are fabulous and I am glad they let me tag a long with them. They filled my well with their friend-time, er, uh, I mean with our family history work :)


Laundry, etc. is calling my name. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

The RealFatman said...

You know I was not sure why you called this post two all beef patties until I read it and realized it was a BIG MAC of a post!! I mean seriously there is three very different blogs going on here. Anyway I like them so keep them coming!!

Erin said...

'Kay, just by reading the title of this post I expected it to be about something totally different (snicker snicker). Yes, today was especially enjoyable (until Brock ran out into the parking lot). Ya gotta love the automatic doors there. And we're totally missing Cafe Caubo as a kid-friendly lunch spot. We had some seriously good stuff to discuss today, so it was extra nice. I thought Nate was going to fall off the bench when he laughed so hard at your Brevin story--ahhh, that will be great fodder for a long time! ...special sauce, lettuce, cheese...

Jerolyn said...

pickles onions on a sesame seed BUN!