Monday, March 17, 2008

Have I mentioned I have a 2 yr. old BOY?

I thought I'd give a visual representation of what a typical day does to Brock. We started the morning all clean-faced and bright-eyed.

Then, we went and got donuts (first day of track/spring break tradition), ran a couple errands, cleaned the car, went to the park with Grandpa Bruce where Brock scored a huge Spiderman ice-cream treat from the ice cream man, rode bikes/scooters outside, and VOILA. This is Brock this afternoon.
All boy, FOR SURE! And why did I even think white was so cute for this t-shirt? I should have thought that $5.99 purchase through a little more!
And about the park trip with Grandpa Bruce. What a blessing! I was at my wit's end with my kiddos (I KNOW IT'S A RE-OCCURRING THEME!) when we stopped by G & G's for a potty stop before the park. We were trying to steer clear of Paula's cleaning magic at home for the day and I was spent after everything else we had accomplished. BUT, to use a little more of their energy up AND because they really helped clean the car, I told them I'd take them to the park. However, once I sat down on the couch, I was really hoping the kids would change their mind and want to hang out for a bit. No so such luck, BUT, my wonderful father-in-law told me to go lay down for an hour and he'd take the kids to the park. So, I crashed on the couch for an hour. The good, 'oh-I'm-stiff-from-not-moving-a-muscle', kind of a nap until they all came back home. What a tender mercy, seriously. He's a wonderful man in SO many ways and I'm so grateful for him seeing me on the brink and sparing my sweet kids from the carnage :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, he's all boy. And, not a baby boy, anymore. I'm still getting my mind wrapped around the idea of you with another one in a couple of months!

Leah and Dustin said...

Brock's eyes look gorgeous in that first picture, what a handsome boy!