Wednesday, February 21, 2007


Friends from the beginning are friends til the end!
Last Saturday night I went to dinner with high school girlfriends (Heather and Leanne) and my sis (Erin, who was also a great HS friend) and my sister. It's always fun to get together with the ladies, and each time we do get together I am reminded how we need to do it more often. I think they're great. As I count my blessings in my life, one of them is definitely the wonderful women I have in my life. There are so many times when I feel inadequate or personally challenged and I have always been able to count on my friends to lift me or inspire me. There is a glory in womanhood that I hope I can teach my girls. I love to listen to Mackenzie and Caylee chit chat at night (even if I do hollar at them to go to sleep.) I know it's teaching them great ease in opening up to other women. My mom, as I was a little girl, showed me how important girlfriends were by the close gals she had around her. When I was a little older, and premenstrual or bitter or hormonal or whatever and wanting to curse my gender role, my mom would get really defensive about my negative attitude. I get that now. It's sad to think some woman don't appreciate the role and power we play in our families, society, friendships, etc. Anyhow, just a little shout out to all my sistas out there who make me happy and are rockin' there girly selves!
PS. To my cousin, Kourtney, congrats on your baby boy born any minute (or already today!) You are JUST the kind of woman I'm talkin' about. YOU ROCK GIRL!

1 comment:

annilee said...

I am so glad you are blogging! I am already addicted! You go girl!