Monday, February 12, 2007

I am a Domestic Goddess!

I can't remember, as a little girl, ever thinking I would grow up and be a stay-at-home mom of four who worked on stitcheries, patchwork quilts, loads of laundry, spaghetti sauce from scratch and homemade cupcakes all day long, BUT THAT'S ME! I know, I know, not every day can I accomplish such home-makery, but my Monday was particularly productive today. Productive in the do-something-for-everyone-else kind of way. I think if I were really cut out for this kind of work, however, I would have more patience for it. By dinner time, after the dishwasher was unloaded and the toy room was picked up, the table was set, and the frosting made I was a screaming ninny. Did I mention I didn't get a shower today, either? There just isn't enough hours in the day to be a real life super mom. I had to down an Ibuprofen with my dinner just to make it through Family Night. And I had a mini-breakdown to Tyler as I finished the kids laundry while I listened to Mackenzie's violin practice. Does that make me less than normal? I don't think so. I think I'll take my props for getting so much done today and go with that instead of beating myself up for the things I didn't do perfectly. I mean, in addition to everything else my kids are still alive and happy, they played nicely together today more often than not, and I WILL get to shower before bed.

No comments: